Swoop is a one-stop shop for businesses seeking finance. Our user-friendly tech platform simplifies and speeds up access to loans, grants and equity funding across Ireland and the UK. We integrate with multiple data sources to help our customers build their business profile quickly and be instantly matched to funding. Our customers also have their own financial dashboard to keep up to date on their financial and liquidity metrics and we alert them when they become eligible for new funds or savings. Once we match to the right funding or saving we manage the application process so that our customers can focus on building their business. Customers range from start-up business to larger corporates requiring capital.
About the role
Since our inception in 2018, we have been successful in attracting investment, funders and
customers. We leverage technology and believe that continued growth will be partly driven through our personal interactions with all counter-parties. As a result, we are now looking to hire an Equity Analyst to act as that primary and on-going liaison with our capital partners (VC/PE funds).
Responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Liaise with funders on an on-going basis, liaising with the internal credit team and other counter-parties
- Develop strong and long-lasting relationships with capital partners
- Work with businesses looking to raise equity finance through Swoop on assessing their pitch documentation and putting investment plans together on introducing them to the right capital partners
- Assisting businesses through equity deal from term sheet to completion
- Maintain a thorough understanding of deal capital structures and business plans, and key risks to performance through discussions with sponsors and company management
- Coordinate communications among internal management, syndicate members, external counsel and other constituents
- Provide scheduled and ad-hoc MI reporting to capital partners
- 3+ years previous experience in a comparable Equity Analyst or Investor Relations type position
- Relevant third level/post-graduate qualification required, and relevant professional level
designation beneficial (ACA/CFA) beneficial
- Understanding of debt/equity structures
- Highly proficient in MS Excel for MI reporting/modelling purposes
Why join Swoop
- Learn how an exciting business that’s disrupting an industry is scaling up;
- Have a say in how the business evolves and scales within a start-up environment;
- Get to work with some other excellent, like-minded experts;
- Within a transparent, friendly and collaborative culture;
- Limitless challenge and scope for development. You are joining us at a very exciting time and have the opportunity to take this role in your preferred direction as we grow
- Flexible working where possible.
Interested applicants can send their CV and cover letter to ciaran@swoopfunding with the job title in the subject header.