Swoop is an exciting, fast-growing FinTech platform connecting SMEs to funding solutions and financial savings, taking the pain out of financing for SMEs. No more painful blind research, no more arduous application forms and no more black holes of information. Swoop leverages SME’s core data points and financial information to help business owners understand the funding landscape and uncover the best funding and saving options for them.
We’re thrilled to be growing our team across our London and Dublin offices, and investing in taking our platform to new heights by making it accessible and available to all SMEs across UK, Ireland and beyond.
We’re looking for a dynamic sales leader to shape our UK sales team.
We’re on the lookout for someone who is first and foremost passionate about small businesses and loves seeing them grow and succeed. We’re looking for someone to make their mark on the UK SME funding landscape through driving significant deal flow through Swoop’s funding and savings platform.
The role will entail generating deal flow to Swoop and managing the sales and customer success teams within Swoop. You’ll have a passion for sales, an eye for a deal and a delight for data.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Increasing sales volumes and number of transactions written
- Strengthening sales in key industries; identifying industries currently not targeted and creating growth into these
- Creating and improving relationships with funding providers
- Observation of competition and how to outperform them
- Close day to day coaching of sales staff, identifying skill and knowledge gaps; delivering or overseeing the delivery of sales training
- Highlighting successful traits and behaviours of leading performers and replicating this across the wider team
- Responsible for the hiring of new staff to continually grow the size and improve the quality of the sales team
- Discipline and management of underperforming staff
- Ensuring sales processes are fully industry compliant and operating a policy of best practice
- Reporting on sales volumes and margins; contributing to forecasting and targets
- Working with marketing and product teams to monitor the success of campaigns, customer engagement and customer acquisition
- Ability to analyse existing end-to-end business processes, to be able to assess where improvements can be made
- Must have previous experience selling to SMEs
- Proven Sales track record of growing volumes and teams; demonstrable managerial experience
- Ideally have worked in one of the following industries – FX, Recruitment, FinTech, SME Lending, Broking
- Understanding of the SME lending industry and the wider funding landscape across equity and grants
- Understanding of SME financial products such as FX, banking and insurance
- Understanding of performance management methods and motivating techniques
SwoopFunding.com launched in May 2018 and is now live across the UK & Ireland offering SMEs and SME Advisor a broad range of funding and savings solutions including loads, equity, grants, banking, insurance, FX, utilities, deposits and broadband.
Since launching Swoop has grown its team and volumes significantly and has recently won NESTA’s open banking challenge for its open banking technology and was a recipient of the BCR’s Capability & Innovation Fund to improve the SME banking landscape in the UK.
Swoop has over a 1000 funding and savings providers on its platform including HSBC, RBS, Barclays, IWOCA, Growth Street, Funding Circle, TransferWise, Hiscox, Lloyds amongst others.
Swoop will give this candidate the ability to cross sell some of the UK’s most well known funding and savings products to our SME audience.
Swoop can offer both a competitive salary and commission structure for the Heads of Sales position that rewards growing volumes, personal performance and team performance.
Why Join Swoop?
- Learn how an exciting business that’s disrupting an industry is scaling up
- Have a say in how the business evolves and scales within a start-up environment
- Get to work with other excellent, like-minded experts
- Enjoy a transparent, friendly and collaborative culture
- Limitless challenge and scope for development. You are joining us at a very exciting time and have the opportunity to take this role in your preferred direction as we grow
- Flexible working where possible
So, if you you’re hungry to succeed within one of the most admired and respected new FinTech businesses of today, we want to hear about it. Interested applicants can send their CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the job title in the subject header.