Swoop is an exciting, fast-growing FinTech platform connecting SMEs to funding solutions and financial savings, taking the pain out of financing for SMEs. No more painful blind research, no more arduous application forms and no more black holes of information. Swoop leverages SME’s core data points and financial information to help business owners understand the funding landscape and uncover the best funding and saving options for them. We’re thrilled to be growing our team across our London, Dublin and Birmingham offices, and investing in taking our platform to new heights by making it accessible and available to all SMEs across UK, Ireland and beyond.
We’re looking for dynamic regional business development managers to help get our message and technology out there.
We’re on the lookout for someone who is first and foremost passionate about small businesses and loves seeing them grow and succeed. We’re looking for someone to make their mark on the UK SME funding landscape through driving significant deal flow through Swoop’s funding and savings platform.
The role will entail generating deal flow to Swoop, identifying advisors who will benefit from having access to our technology and converting them to the Swoop platform. You’ll have a passion for sales, an eye for a deal and a delight for data.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Be the regional face of Swoop and work with the management team to build a sustainable regional business.
- Working with a portfolio of advisors within a defined territory to promote Swoop’s platform.
- Increasing sales volumes and number of transactions written from within the introducer portfolio and directly with SMEs.
- Coordinate sales efforts with the Customer Success Team to deliver excellent customer outcomes.
- Make a significant contribution to the number of SMEs signed up to the Swoop platform.
- Contribute to the overall financial objectives of Swoop in line with defined and reasonable sales targets.
- Develop the Swoop offering by identifying opportunities to partner with appropriate organisations.
- Must have previous experience selling to SMEs.
- Proven Sales track record of building a relationship with advisors and growing deal volumes.
- Ideally have worked in one of the following industries – FX, Recruitment, FinTech, SME Lending, Broking.
- Understanding of the SME lending industry and the wider funding landscape across equity and grants.
- Understanding of SME financial products such as FX, banking and insurance.
- Understanding how to drive your own performance to deliver financial results and high levels of customer satisfaction.
SwoopFunding.com launched in May 2018 and is now live across the UK & Ireland offering SMEs and SME Advisors a broad range of funding and savings solutions including loans, equity, grants, banking, insurance, FX, utilities, deposits and broadband. Since launching, Swoop has grown its team and volumes significantly and has recently won NESTA’s open banking challenge for its open banking technology and was a recipient of the BCR’s Capability & Innovation Fund to improve the SME banking landscape in the UK.
Swoop has over a 1000 funding and savings providers on its platform including HSBC, RBS, Barclays, IWOCA, Growth Street, Funding Circle, TransferWise, Hiscox, Lloyds amongst others. Swoop will give this candidate the ability to cross-sell some of the UK’s most well-known funding and savings products to our SME audience. Swoop can offer both a competitive salary and commission structure for the Heads of Sales position that rewards growing volumes, personal performance and team performance.
Why join Swoop?
- Learn how an exciting business that’s disrupting an industry is scaling up.
- Have a say in how the business evolves and scales within a start-up environment.
- Get to work with other excellent, like-minded experts.
- Enjoy a transparent, friendly and collaborative culture.
- Limitless challenge and scope for development. You are joining us at a very exciting time and have the opportunity to take this role in your preferred direction as we grow.
- Flexible working where possible
So, if you’re hungry to succeed within one of the most admired and respected new FinTech businesses of today, we want to hear about it. Interested applicants can send their CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject header.