Swoop is a marketplace platform connecting SMEs (small to medium enterprises) to funding solutions and financial savings. Swoop takes the pain out of raising finance and saving finance for business owners and financial advisors. No more painful blind research, no more arduous application forms and no more black holes of information. Swoop leverages a SMEs core data points and financial information to help business owners understand the funding landscape and discover the best funding and saving options for them.
We design systems and journeys that are effortless and intuitive so that our users can spend more time on what they want to do – managing their business.
Some links to find out more about Swoop:
- Our CEO Andrea’s recent interview for Capital Conversations: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21aGJB_gScQ
- Information behind our funding from the UK’s Banking Competition Remedies (BCR): https://swoopfunding.com/blog/swoop-receives-5-mil…
- An article about Andrea and Swoop in The Sunday Times: https://swoopfunding.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/0…
Swoop engineers get challenging problems to work on from day one. These include complex matching algorithms, transaction processing, creating scalable APIs to building new microservices. We are flexible and choose the best tools for the job. We have loads of exciting features in the pipeline and are looking for ambitious engineers to build the best marketplace platform in finance.
A bit about you:
- You have 5 years (or above) experience in backend development and keen to learn new tech
- You’re passionate about user experience – empathy with customers drives your decisions
- You have strong system design skills and experience building products with scale and performance in mind
- You have C# .Net hands-on experience and experience with another JVM-based language (eg Java, Scala, Kotlin etc) or Python
- You hold yourself to high coding standards (TDD, Clean Code)
- You consider automated tests a must
- You have hands-on experience with SQL and no-SQL datastores
- You have hands-on experience with messaging and event driven infrastructure
- You have experience with API development and Swagger specifications
- You understand and have experience using OAuth2.0 or OpenID
- You understand and have experience using cloud infrastructure
- You are self-motivated with proven ability to work well as part of a distributed engineering team.
- You already have the right to work in the UK
- Experience with MassTransit & TopShelf
- Experience with GraphQL, GRPC
- Tools: Git, TeamCity, Octopus, Docker, Kubernetes
- Datastores: MS SQLServer, MongoDB
- Messaging: RabbitMQ, Kafka
- Practitioner level with one of AWS, GCP or Azure
- Financial services and/or Open banking API experience
- Knowledge of SME funding options (loans, equity, grants)
- Enjoy a competitive salary
- 25 days holiday per year
- All the latest tech you need
- Pension plan
- A lovely, spacious, natural light filled office in Fitzrovia
- Learn how an exciting business that’s disrupting an industry is scaling up
- Have ownership of your work and enjoy the impact you create
- Have a say in how the business evolves and scales within a start-up environment
- Get to work with some other excellent, like-minded experts
- Work within a transparent, friendly and collaborative culture
- Limitless challenge and scope for development. You are joining us at a very exciting time and have the opportunity to take this role in your preferred direction as we grow
- Flexible working where possible.
So, if you’re hungry to succeed within one of the most admired and respected new FinTech businesses of today, we want to hear about it. Interested applicants can send their CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the job title in the subject header.