Swoop is a one-stop shop for businesses seeking finance. Our user-friendly tech platform simplifies and speeds up access to loans, grants and equity funding across Ireland and the UK. We integrate with multiple data sources to help our customers build their business profile quickly and be instantly matched to funding. Our customers also have their own financial dashboard to keep up to date on their financial and liquidity metrics and we alert them when they become eligible for new funds or savings. Once we match to the right funding or saving we manage the application process so that our customers can focus on building their business. Customers range from start-up business to larger corporates requiring capital.
With Swoop, we want to help businesses demystify this problem by showing them the broad funding landscape that currently exists across the UK & Ireland. Through a combination of our funding experience, our matching technology and our 1000+ providers, we can assess their needs quickly and match them to the right funding solution. We want our messaging to celebrate this and we want to uncover and hero the SMEs and business owners making great strides from growing their businesses. Swoop values people who strive to change things. We want to make thousands of entrepreneurs lives better through our platform. Swoop is a community, so our content should look to engage people to talk, share and ask questions
- Designing functional technology solutions
- Overseeing development and implementation of programs
- Providing technical leadership and support to software development teams
We are looking for a Technical Architect to design the structure of our IT systems and oversee programs to ensure the proper architecture is implemented.
In this role, you should be an excellent communicator who is able to translate complex requirements into functional architecture. We’d also like you to have hands-on experience on software development and be able to manage complex programs.
Your goal will be to ensure our internal IT framework operates properly.
- Understand company needs to define system specifications
- Plan and design the structure of a technology solution
- Communicate system requirements to software development teams
- Evaluate and select appropriate software or hardware and suggest integration methods
- Oversee assigned programs (e.g. conduct code review) and provide guidance to team members
- Assist with solving technical problems when they arise
- Ensure the implementation of agreed architecture and infrastructure
- Address technical concerns, ideas and suggestions
- Monitor systems to ensure they meet both user needs and business goals
- Proven experience as a Technical Architect or Project Manager
- Hands-on experience with software development and system administration
- Understanding of strategic IT solutions
- Experience in project management and service-oriented architecture (SOA)
- Familiarity with various operating systems (e.g. Windows, UNIX) and databases (e.g. MySQL)
- Experience in cloud technologies (e.g. VMware)
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Organizational and leadership skills
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
Interested applicants can send their CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject header.