Swoop is an exciting, fast-growing FinTech platform connecting SMEs to funding solutions and financial savings, taking the pain out of financing for SMEs. No more painful blind research, no more arduous application forms and no more black holes of information. Swoop leverages SME’s core data points and financial information to help business owners understand the funding landscape and uncover the best funding and saving options for them.
We’re thrilled to be growing our team across our London and Dublin offices, and investing in taking our platform to new heights by making it accessible and available to all SMEs across UK, Ireland and beyond.
The Underwriter role is a vital part of the business, with significant responsibility for the core success, profitability, and reputation of our work. The Underwriter will need to be able to understand the lending criteria of a vast panel of banks and lenders, and then identify where the business presented to them from the sales team is best placed. Interaction with banks is required, representing the company with an understanding that we supply the funding market with millions of pounds of SME business on a monthly basis.
The successful candidate will need to possess a hard work ethic, ability to maintain performance under pressure, a good eye for detail with excellent written and verbal communication skills, and a professional attitude with a good sense of developing personal and enjoyable relationships with the sales team.
Knowledge of how to read accounts, management information, business forecasts, bank statements, etc, is required. There can be an element of training to help an underwriter, who may be used to operating with different requirements or products, understand our specific requirements.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Assessing financial proposals from the sales team
- Amending proposals and sending them promptly to the appropriate lender
- Speaking to customers and lenders on the telephone as required to perform the role
- Maintaining accurate records of proposals
- Helping hit company targets, both as a whole and with specific KPIs for the underwriting team
- Controlling where the volume of our business is placed in the funding market
- Developing relationships with banks, understanding their customer criteria
- Looking to develop financial products and communicate these with the sales team to increase our customer offering
- Ability to use Microsoft Windows 10 Operating System and Office 365 suite of applications, specifically Excel, Word, Outlook
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, specifically: creating spreadsheets, populating spreadsheets, sort and filter data within a spreadsheet
- Verbal – clear verbal communication both on the telephone and in-person
- Written – clear and concise written communication skills, writing e-mails and letters to clients and lenders and internally with the company. Handwriting must be legible.
- Listening – effective listening skills with clients and lenders and with colleagues
- Good to High numeracy skills
- Maintain accurate records
- Monitoring emails and actions and responding promptly
- Punctuality and effective time-management
- Problem Solver
- Interpret Data and Information
- Tech Literate e.g. Microsoft Office 365, GSuite Products e.g. Gmail, Google Docs etc CRM Software
- Open-minded to learning and a self improver
- Positive Mindset
- Understanding of the SME lending industry and the wider funding landscape across equity and grants
- Understanding of SME financial products such as FX, banking and insurance
- Desire to succeed
- Attention to detail
- Personal resilience
- Positive mind-set
- Able to follow guidelines, procedures and instructions
SwoopFunding.com launched in May 2018 and is now live across the UK & Ireland offering SMEs and SME Advisor a broad range of funding and savings solutions including loads, equity, grants, banking, insurance, FX, utilities, deposits and broadband.
Since launching Swoop has grown its team and volumes significantly and has recently won NESTA’s open banking challenge for its open banking technology and was a recipient of the BCR’s Capability & Innovation Fund to improve the SME banking landscape in the UK.
Swoop has over a 1000 funding and savings providers on its platform including HSBC, RBS, Barclays, IWOCA, Growth Street, Funding Circle, TransferWise, Hiscox, Lloyds amongst others.
Swoop can offer both a competitive salary and commission structure for the Sales Account Manager position that rewards growing volumes, personal performance and team performance.
Why Join Swoop?
- Learn how an exciting business that’s disrupting an industry is scaling up
- Have a say in how the business evolves and scales within a start-up environment
- Get to work with other excellent, like-minded experts
- Enjoy a transparent, friendly and collaborative culture
- Limitless challenge and scope for development. You are joining us at a very exciting time and have the opportunity to take this role in your preferred direction as we grow
- Flexible working where possible
So, if you’re hungry to succeed within one of the most admired and respected new FinTech businesses of today, we want to hear about it. Interested applicants can send their CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject header.