Location: Toronto / Remote
Swoop is an exciting, fast-growing FinTech platform connecting SMEs to funding solutions through debt, equity and grants – taking the stress out of financing for SMEs. Say goodbye to lengthy searches, arduous application forms and black holes of information. Swoop leverages core data points and financial information to help business owners understand the marketplace and uncover the best funding and saving solutions for their businesses. We do the heavy lifting across the entire application process and so business owners can focus on running their business.
Having recently launched in Canada, we’re continuing to grow our team and investing in taking our platform to new heights with our sights set on expanding across North America in 2022.
Swoop Canada in the media:
- Fulfilment of outbound lead generation activity and marketing activity
- Qualification of inbound leads who partly register with Swoop (many fully register but some require support completing the registration journey)
- Managing the sales process for Swoop customers from initial registration to completion
- Building long term relationships with our clients and maximizing the opportunity to work together now and in the future
- Assist the wider team in achieving outstanding customer service, deliver outcomes that are both customer centric and commercially viable to help the business achieve its goals. At all times making sure our customers are treated fairly
- Contributing to the culture and development of Swoop and maintaining the reputation of the business at all times
- Matching funding products from our marketplace and panel of lenders to customer needs using technology and/or your knowledge of the marketplace
- Developing and maintaining in depth knowledge of commercial lenders, their criteria and credit appetites.
- Undertaking initial appraisal of our customers applications for funding and/or other products, adhering to contractual policies, service level agreements and regulatory standards Swoop is bound by
- Maintaining in real time CRM records, including clear and concise notes, completing tasks, assigning next steps plus completing reports, management information, and analytics for the management team as required
- 3+ years of experience in commercial finance broking within the non-bank and/or traditional bank lending space
- Experience of leading and managing the performance of a team
- An active interest, understanding or experience of working with start-up and growth businesses
- An interest in financial accounts and analyzing SMB credit data
- Basic knowledge of non-debt SMB funding options (equity & grants)
- The ability to work remotely and flexibly, across Canada as well as meet clients and other partners face-to-face
- Well-developed sense of personal and business integrity, holding yourself and others accountable for delivering on growth targets
- Excellent organization and communication skills essential for dealing with business customers and Business Lenders
- The ability to work under pressure, achieve personal and company targets and to meet deadlines when required
- The ability to work remotely and flexibly, as well as meet clients and other partners face-to-face
- 5 weeks holiday annually
- Competitive salary & Employee Healthcare benefits plan
- Have a say in how the business evolves and scales
- Work within a transparent, friendly and collaborative culture
- Limitless challenge and scope for development
- Flexible working
- Employee Discounts
How to Apply
Does this role excite you? If so, simply apply by sending a cold email with a catchy subject line to:
In the email, tell us a little bit about yourself and why you think you’d be a good fit for this role. Looking forward to hearing from you!
Please visit our website: www.swoopfunding.ca
The statements contained in this job description reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences, to equalize peak work periods, or to otherwise balance organizational workload.
Swoop is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills.