Location: London, Dublin, Liverpool, Birmingham or Remote
Team: Central Functions
Swoop is an exciting, fast-growing FinTech platform connecting SMEs to funding solutions through debt, equity and grants – taking the stress out of financing for SMEs. Say goodbye to lengthy searches, arduous application forms and black holes of information. Swoop leverages core data points and financial information to help business owners understand the marketplace and uncover the best funding and saving solutions for their businesses. We do the heavy lifting across the entire application process so business owners can focus on running their business.
Reporting to the Finance Manager and working closely with the CEO, the Financial planning and analysis (FP&A) Analyst will support the day-to-day financial operations of the business. The role will also focus on analysing the company’s financial and performance data to generate insights that will improve decision-making and positively impact results.
As an FP&A Analyst at Swoop, you will have the opportunity to work closely the heads of various teams across the business and have a unique opportunity to develop a strong working knowledge of business financing as well as develop important soft skills through collaborating with internal stakeholders and external partners on a daily basis. We are looking for someone who is resourceful, organised and always looking to learn and improve!
Swoop in the media:
As an FP&A Analyst, you will play a key role in:
- Assisting in monitoring and analysing financial results to identify trends and variances and provide timely insight to management
- Performing monthly analysis of revenue vs forecast, with details of under- or over-performance
- Developing forward-looking forecasts and budgets
- The delivery of monthly performance management and investor reporting packs
- Analysing ROI on Sales & Marketing expenditure across all of Swoop’s markets
- Partnering with each country manager and team lead to manage individual P&Ls
- Establishing and maintaining effective relationships across the business to understand the business and the primary drivers, goals, and the needs of partners and internal customers
- Contributing to the culture of Swoop and maintaining the reputation of the business at all times
- A minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Commerce or a related field
- AAT, ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent qualification
- Ability to present complex analysis with clarity, and must be able to work in a deadline driven environment
- Strong financial analysis skills, including high level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel and forecasting model development
- Solid understanding of accounting and financial processes related to the business
- Strong work ethic with desire to learn and improve
- Genuine relationship-builder who is passionate about helping small businesses
- You are results-driven and hold yourself accountable for delivering on growth targets
- You have a high attention to detail and the ability to prioritise the delivery tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You are excited to work in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Enjoy a competitive salary
- 25 days holiday per year increasing to 26 days after one years service
- All the latest tech you need
- Pension plan
- Vitality Health
- Fitness Classes
- A lovely, spacious, natural light filled office in London, Liverpool, Birmingham or Dublin
- Learn how an exciting business that’s disrupting an industry is scaling up
- Have ownership of your work and enjoy the impact you create
- Have a say in how the business evolves and scales within a start-up environment
- Get to work with some other excellent, like-minded experts
- Work within a transparent, friendly and collaborative culture
- Limitless challenge and scope for development. You are joining us at a very exciting time and have the opportunity to take this role in your preferred direction as we grow
- Flexible and Remote working available
How to Apply:
Does this role excite you? If so, simply apply by sending a cold email with a catchy subject line to:
In the email, tell us a little bit about yourself and why you think you’d be a good fit for this role. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Please visit our website: http://www.swoopfunding.com
The statements contained in this job description reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences, to equalize peak work periods, or to otherwise balance organisational workload.
Swoop is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills.