Location: London, Birmingham, Remote
Team: Central Functions
Swoop is a marketplace platform connecting SMEs (small to medium enterprises) to funding solutions and financial savings. Swoop analyses an SMEs core data and financial information to help business owners understand the funding landscape and discover the best funding and saving options for them. We think of it as healthcare for Business.
We design systems and journeys that are effortless and intuitive, so that our users can spend more time on what they want to do – managing their business.
Some links to find out more about Swoop:
Swoop Funding is growing at a fast pace; we have a global team and work with a number of partners who offer finance products and services to small businesses in a number of territories. We are hiring a Head of Compliance to join the team to ensure we continue to meet compliance considerations as we scale.
Swoop is regulated by the FCA (UK), ASIC (Australia), and the CBI (Ireland). THis role will be responsible for day to day aspects of all the business’ compliance activities. This is a high profile and an important role in the business. Reporting directly to the CEO, you will work closely with the FD, Head of Credit, Head of Marketing, and CPO. You will be acting as an independent and objective function providing risk and regulatory compliance reviews.
As such, we are searching for a smart, adaptable and considered person; who is able to continue to build how we manage compliance, ensuring that “what we do” remains fit for purpose as we continue to grow.
This is a new role which will sit within the Central Functions department, it provides an opportunity for the successful candidate to put their own stamp on the role. It comes with a large degree of autonomy and will have a small number of direct reports.
- Understand and interpret FCA regulatory requirements to provide clear assessments and advice
- Help assess the risks to customers and the business to inform our risk-based approach
- Responsible for undertaking risk-based monitoring of regulated activity within Swoop’s core credit broking business
- The role involves providing feedback on regulatory standards across the business to Senior Management and maintaining internal relationships with key business stakeholders
- To conduct monitoring activity independently and to a high standard; assessing whether the 1st line of defence has effective management control and oversight.
- Identify any areas of operational risk or compliance failure within the business and work with management to develop action plans to rectify these failures.
- Provide timely reports to Senior Management on the findings of monitoring activity, as per the Compliance Monitoring policy and methodology, in a timely manner.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of regulatory standards taking into account changes in regulation and legislation.
- Own & Maintain Swoop’s risk register
- Design & test framework of internal controls
- Coordinate all reporting and disclosures to the FCA (support from CEO & FD)
- Oversee complaints handling process
- Work with Head of Credit to oversee & manage AML processes
- Review and develop policies and related processes in conjunction with Legal, HR and other relevant stakeholders, maintaining an oversight of legislative and regulatory changes, in-line with best practice
- Coordinating compliance reporting and statistics to support Senior Management Team decisions
A bit about you:
- Strong analytical skills;
- An excellent communicator, able to build key relationships both internally and externally;
- Ability to articulate clearly (verbally and in writing) views, opinions and conclusions reached resulting from monitoring against FCA standards;
- Ability to recognise and score compliance risk, adjusting the intensity of compliance monitoring as appropriate;
- Well-developed sense of personal and business integrity, holding yourself and others to high standards with the Ability to provide adequate challenge at all levels;
- The ability to work under pressure, achieve personal and company targets and to meet deadlines when required
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Performance-focused with a strong drive and motivation to succeed
- The right to work in the UK
- Financial Services or Banking experience
- FinTech or Start-up experience
- Knowledge of PSD2, FCA Credit Permissions
- Knowledge of financial promotions (FCA)
- Understanding of Open Banking from a regulatory perspective
- A basic salary of up to £60k (dependant on experience)
- 25 days holiday per year on top of UK public holidays, rising to 26 days after 12 months employment + St Patrick’s day
- Well-being budget
- Weekly online Yoga and exercise classes
- All the latest tech you need
- Pension plan
- Options scheme
- Learn how an exciting business that’s disrupting an industry is scaling up
- Have ownership of your work and enjoy the impact you create
- Have a say in how the business evolves and scales within a start-up environment
- Get to work with some other excellent, like-minded experts
- Work within a transparent, friendly and collaborative culture
- Limitless challenge and scope for development. You are joining us at a very exciting time and have the opportunity to take this role in your preferred direction as we grow
- Flexible working where possible.
- We are a member of the Disability Confident Scheme and provide a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates with a disability, please highlight in your application if you wish to exercise the option of a guaranteed interview.
How to apply:
Please send your CV and a cover letter explaining why you would be the perfect fit for this role to: