Purpose of the role
As a lead data engineer, you will be responsible for the planning, design and implementation of our different data flows to provide valuable business insights, intelligent reporting, connect our teams through data exchange.
You are expected to:
- Provide and set best practices and standards for Swoop data engineering team
- Build, Coordinate and mentor other data engineers.
- Champion Swoop data engineering.
You will have (Essential skills):
- You’re passionate about user experience – empathy with customers drives your decisions
- You have strong communication skills to advocate on behalf of data team and provide technical information to non-technical stakeholders
- You have experience working in a very dynamic environment with constant changes that may happen.
- You have demonstrable analytical skills and can source, process the data to provide meaningful insights.
- You have demonstrable experience in data development process involving planning, design, build, testing.
- You consider security is important at all aspect of the data development process.
- You have experience in building reliable, scalable, resilient, fault-tolerant data services to drive the business expectation.
- You have experience in operational skills towards data observability (logging, monitoring)
- You can design, manage and execute the testing strategy using the appropriate tools and technique.
- Good understanding of Azure Cloud and its data security principles
- Good understanding of different Azure data services.
- Ability to design and execute complex queries and instrument for anomaly detection and performance enhancement.
- Experience in working with one or more ETL tools and can create and maintain a ETL process.
- Experience in working with SQL (MSSQL, PostgreSql) and NoSQL databases (MongoDB, Redis, Cassandra)
- Good understanding of event messaging systems like RabbitMQ, Kafka.
- Good understanding on container orchestration technique like Kubernetes.
- You have working experience with natural language processing techniques
- You have working experience with building recommender systems
- Good understanding about other cloud providers like GCP, AWS, particularly BigQuery and Machine learning infrastructure and services
- Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics
- Experience with reporting tools and BI systems (Tableau, Data Studio, …)
- Tools: Git, Docker, Flux, Terraform, ReTool
- Languages: C# .NET, Python
- Financial services and/or Open banking API experience
- Knowledge of SME funding options (loans, equity, grants)
We value our engineers contribution that directly reflects and drives our engineering culture. The set of core values are essentials part of our engineers day-day part which includes Personal development, No single point of failure, Feedback loop, Opinions and facts, Team-Product-Customer relationship, Resilience.
If you’re interested in joining the Swoop team, apply now by sending your CV to:
We work with world class partners to help us support businesses with finance