Location: London, Birmingham, Remote
Team: Central Functions
Swoop is a marketplace platform connecting SMEs (small to medium enterprises) to funding solutions and financial savings. Swoop analyses an SMEs core data and financial information to help business owners understand the funding landscape and discover the best funding and saving options for them. We think of it as healthcare for Business.
We design systems and journeys that are effortless and intuitive, so that our users can spend more time on what they want to do – managing their business.
Some links to find out more about Swoop:
Swoop Funding is growing at a fast pace; we have approx 80 team members globally and growing. We are hiring a People & Culture Ops Manager to join the team to help Swoop scale rapidly and smoothly.
We are searching for an ambitious and curious person; who is interested in helping to shape our culture and to assist in ensuring that we continue to put people at the centre of everything we do.
This is a new role which will sit within the Central Functions department, it provides an opportunity for the successful candidate to put their own stamp on the role. It comes with a large degree of autonomy and a high-level of exposure to the Senior Leadership team. This role will be supported by 1x part-time HR Executive.
- Contributing to the culture and development of Swoop and maintaining the reputation of the business at all times
- Administration of internal tools to ensure our employees have a positive experience
- Act as a point of contact and advisor across the business with all HR related queries
- Lead on developing our D&I approach
- Working alongside the Senior Management Team to ensure our talent pipeline is aligned with projected growth
- Review and develop HR policies and related processes in conjunction with Legal, Compliance and other relevant stakeholders, maintaining an oversight of legislative changes, in-line with best practice
- Management of our Home Office Sponsorship licence
- Support Hiring Managers in recruiting candidates
- Manage our onboarding and offboarding processes and manage an induction programme
- Develop our employee and candidate experience
- Support the improvement of our employee brand
- Support Departmental Heads with quarterly progress reviews and departmental training plans
- Facilitate and organise employee engagement activities to develop our company culture and employee value proposition
- Process and coordination of HR administration and documentation
- Coordinating HR reports and statistics to support management decisions
A bit about you:
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Well-developed sense of personal and business integrity, holding yourself and others to high standards
- The ability to work under pressure, achieve personal and company targets and to meet deadlines when required
- The ability to work remotely and flexibly, as well as meet the team, clients and other stakeholders face-to-face
- Previous HR experience in a similar position
- A working knowledge of UK labour laws and a willingness to extend this to other jurisdictions
- Experience in managing employee relations cases
- Excellent communication and stakeholder engagement skills
- Demonstrable experience in reviewing and developing policies and procedures
- Driven, self-motivated and a highly flexible team player
- Strong attention to detail and ability to spot patterns and trends
- Ambition to develop a career within HR
- Understanding of the employee life-cycle and the value of HR
- An understanding of the challenges faced by an organisation growing at pace
- Strong organisation and communication skills
- Performance-focused with a strong drive and motivation to succeed
- The right to work in the UK
- This is a people focussed role and we will be valuing potential over experience, we are interested to hear from candidates from all walks of life. If you have indirect experience or skills which make you a stand-out candidate, we would encourage you to apply.
- CIPD Level 5 or the willingness to work towards the accreditation
- Financial Services or Banking experience
- FinTech or Start-up experience
- A basic salary of up to £40k (dependant on experience)
- 25 days holiday per year on top of UK public holidays, rising to 26 days after 12 months employment + St Patrick’s day
- Well-being budget
- Weekly online Yoga and exercise classes
- All the latest tech you need
- Pension plan
- Options scheme
- Learn how an exciting business that’s disrupting an industry is scaling up
- Have ownership of your work and enjoy the impact you create
- Have a say in how the business evolves and scales within a start-up environment
- Get to work with some other excellent, like-minded experts
- Work within a transparent, friendly and collaborative culture
- Limitless challenge and scope for development. You are joining us at a very exciting time and have the opportunity to take this role in your preferred direction as we grow
- Flexible working where possible.
- We are a member of the Disability Confident Scheme and provide a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates with a disability, please highlight in your application if you wish to exercise the option of a guaranteed interview.
How to apply:
Please send your CV and a cover letter explaining why you would be the perfect fit for this role to:
We work with world class partners to help us support businesses with finance