Swoop is a marketplace platform connecting SMEs (small to medium enterprises) to funding solutions and financial savings. Swoop takes the pain out of raising finance and saving finance for business owners and financial advisors. No more painful blind research, no more arduous application forms and no more black holes of information. Swoop leverages an SMEs core data points and financial information to help business owners understand the funding landscape and discover the best funding and saving options for them.
We design systems and journeys that are effortless and intuitive, so that our users can spend more time on what they want to do – managing their business.
Some links to find out more about Swoop:
Swoop Engineers get challenging problems to work on from day one. These include building amazing user experiences, complex matching algorithms, transaction processing, creating scalable APIs to building new microservices. We are flexible and choose the best tools for the job. We have loads of exciting features in the pipeline and are looking for ambitious engineers to build the best marketplace platform in finance
A bit about you:
- You have 5 years (or above) experience in frontend development and keen to learn new tech
Angular, Ember, etc.)
- Experience using Git in a professional/workplace environment
- A solid understanding in core web and browser concepts (e.g. how the browser parses and constructs a web page)
- Solve technical problems of high scope and complexity.
- You’re passionate about user experience – empathy with customers drives your decisions
- You have strong system design skills and experience building products with scale and performance in mind
- You have experience in architecting the components and features for the UI.
- You have experience in working with NodeJS process and hands-on with webpack development and customisation
- You consider automated tests a must and follow solid engineering hygiene.
- You can operate with a high degree of autonomy and “own” a feature when needed.
- You have knowledge in building the pipeline and deploying the front end web application and website to production.
- You have experience with SEO, tracking and customer analytics.
- Mobile development experience
- You have experience in working with design tools: e.g. Figma, Storyboard, InvisionDSM, Origami
- You are self-motivated and able to work well as part of a distributed engineering team.
- You already have the right to work in the UK
- You have experience with micro frontends
- You have experience with API development and Swagger specifications
- You have experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- You understand and have experience using OAuth2.0 or OpenID
- Practitioner level with one of AWS, GCP or Azure
- Financial services and/or Open banking API experience
- Knowledge of SME funding options (loans, equity, grants)
- Enjoy a competitive salary
- 25 days holiday per year
- Free Yoga and Fitness Classes
- Free subscription to Calm or Headspace
- Discounts and rewards at over 30,000 brands
- Up to 55% off cinema tickets
- Up to 15% off 80+ high street retailers
- Pension plan
- Fully remote or a lovely, spacious, natural light filled office in Fitzrovia, London or Barcelona
- Learn how an exciting business that’s disrupting an industry is scaling up
- Have ownership of your work and enjoy the impact you create
- Have a say in how the business evolves and scales within a start-up environment
- Get to work with some other excellent, like-minded experts
- Work within a transparent, friendly and collaborative culture
- Limitless challenge and scope for development. You are joining us at a very exciting time and have the opportunity to take this role in your preferred direction as we grow
Apply here – https://apply.workable.com/swoop-4/j/9DB8835037/