Location: Toronto / Remote
Swoop is an exciting, fast-growing FinTech platform connecting SMEs to funding solutions and financial savings – taking the stress out of financing for SMEs. No more painful blind research, no more arduous application forms and no more black holes of information. Swoop leverages SME’s core data points and financial information to help business owners understand the funding landscape and uncover the best funding and saving options for them.
We’re thrilled to be growing our team across our London, Dublin, Sydney and now our Toronto offices – and investing in taking our platform to new heights. This role will be based in Toronto, reporting into the Head of Swoop Canada.
Sales Managers focus on giving our customers an excellent experience. At Swoop, we put our customers first and want to help them succeed. The small business landscape is always changing so we need Sales Managers who are happy to develop their knowledge of that landscape and combine that with our market leading technology to help people every day. We are looking for a Sales Manager to join the team to help launch and grow Swoop in Canada.
- Fulfilment of outbound lead generation activity and marketing activity
- Qualification of inbound leads who partly register with Swoop (many fully register but some require support completing the registration journey)
- Managing the sales process for Swoop customers from initial registration to completion
- • Building long term relationships with our clients and maximizing the opportunity to work together now and in the future
- Assist the wider team in achieving outstanding customer service, deliver outcomes that are both customer centric and commercially viable to help the business achieve its goals. At all times making sure our customers are treated fairly
- Contributing to the culture and development of Swoop and maintaining the reputation of the business at all times
- Matching funding products from our marketplace and panel of lenders to customer needs using technology and/or your knowledge of the marketplace
- Developing and maintaining in depth knowledge of commercial lenders, their criteria and credit appetites.
- Undertaking initial appraisal of our customers applications for funding and/or other products, adhering to contractual policies, service level agreements and regulatory standards Swoop is bound by.
- Maintaining in real time CRM records, including clear and concise notes, completing tasks, assigning next steps plus completing reports, management information, and analytics for the management team as required.
A bit about you:
- 3 + years of experience in commercial finance broking within the non-bank and/or traditional bank lending space
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Experience of leading and developing teams of finance brokers
- You are results-driven and hold yourself accountable for delivering on growth targets
- Well-developed sense of personal and business integrity, holding yourself and others to high standards
- Excellent organisation and communication skills essential for dealing with business customers and SMB lenders
- An active interest, understanding or experience of working with start-up and growth businesses
- An interest in financial accounts and analysing SMB credit data
- The ability to work under pressure, achieve personal and company targets and to meet deadlines when required
- The ability to work remotely and flexibly, as well as meet clients and other partners face-to-face
- Basic knowledge of non-debt SMB funding options (equity & grants)
- Active interest in data and technology
- The right to work in Canada
- Competitive salary and commission structure
- 25 vacation days per year (in addition to public holidays)
- Stock options
- Annual wellness allowance
- Learn how an exciting business that’s disrupting an industry is scaling up
- Have ownership of your work and enjoy the impact you create
- Play a central role in establishing and growing Swoop in Canada
- Work within a transparent, friendly and collaborative culture
- Limitless challenge and scope for development. You are joining us at a very exciting time and have the opportunity to take this role in your preferred direction as we grow
- A remote workplace with an option to work from the office
- Employee Discounts
- Yoga & Fitness classes
- Progression Framework for Career Development
Interested applicants can send their CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject header.
Swoop is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills.
For more information about Swoop & samples of press material:
We work with world class partners to help us support businesses with finance