Location: London / Remote
Team: Development Operations
Swoop is a marketplace platform connecting SMEs (small to medium enterprises) to funding solutions and financial savings. Swoop takes the pain out of raising finance and saving finance for business owners and financial advisors. No more painful blind research, no more arduous application forms and no more black holes of information. Swoop leverages an SMEs core data points and financial information to help business owners understand the funding landscape and discover the best funding and saving options for them.
We design systems and journeys that are effortless and intuitive, so that our users can spend more time on what they want to do – managing their business.
Some links to find out more about Swoop:
Swoop engineers get challenging problems to work on from day one. These include complex recommendation algorithms, transaction processing, creating scalable APIs to building new data services. We work with data and want to provide SMEs the best decisions and recommendations based on their profiles and specific details. You will make our processes data driven using the latest technologies and innovation in data processing, machine learning and AI.
We are flexible and choose the best tools for the job. We have loads of exciting features in the pipeline and are looking for ambitious engineers to build the best marketplace platform in finance.
Purpose of the role
As a Sr. DevOps engineer, you are responsible for designing, building, delivering and managing the automated software components and the processes involved
You are expected to:
- Manage and Monitor all of the environments and external data providers
- Resolve operational challenges that block the development and testing
- Provide guidance for other DevOps engineers
- Take part in setting good practices and guidelines for DevOps
You will have (Essential skills):
- You’re passionate about user experience – empathy with customers drives your decisions
- You have good communication skills to advocate on behalf of the devOps team.
- You have experience working in a very dynamic environment with constant changes that may happen.
- You have demonstrable experience in automation and testing including development tasks.
- You have experience in controlling and managing the service availability.
- Good understanding of information security with respective regulation and compliance and able to apply these standards under guidance.
- Good understanding of industry security standards and specifications.
- Ability to identify the bottlenecks in the development process.
- You have experience with system design and have the ability to design the systems with knowledge of impact assessment, risks.
- You have 5+ years experience with cloud providers like Azure/GCP.
- You have 4+ years of software engineering experience in .Net
- Has knowledge and production working experience with containerisation tools – Docker and Kubernetes.
- You have hands-on experience in Cloud automation and IaC
- You have hands-on experience in building CI/CD pipelines
- You have strong network knowledge and understanding on VPN, VPC, Peering, Interconnect
- You are self-motivated and able to work well as part of a distributed engineering team.
- Experience in working with SQL (MSSQL, PostgreSql) and NoSQL databases (MongoDB, Redis, Cassandra)
- Good understanding of microservices architecture and event messaging systems like RabbitMQ, Kafka.
- You have experience in logging and monitoring tools like ElasticSearch, Kibana, Grafana, Prometheus.
- You have experience in mentoring other devOps engineers.
- You embrace open source culture and tools
- Good understanding about other cloud providers like GCP, AWS
- Tools: Git, Docker, Flux, Terraform, Service Mesh like Istio
- Languages: C# .NET, Python
- Financial services and/or Open banking API experience
- Knowledge of SME funding options (loans, equity, grants)
We value our engineers’ contribution that directly reflects and drives our engineering culture. The set of core values are essentials part of our engineers day-day part which includes Personal development, No single point of failure, Feedback loop, Opinions and facts, Team-Product-Customer relationship, Resilience.
- Enjoy a competitive salary
- 25 days holiday per year
- Free Yoga and Fitness Classes
- Free subscription to Calm or Headspace
- Discounts and rewards at over 30,000 brands
- Up to 55% off cinema tickets
- Up to 15% off 80+ high street retailers
- Pension plan
- Fully remote or office based in London, Birmingham, Dublin or Sydney
- Learn how an exciting business that’s disrupting an industry is scaling up
- Have ownership of your work and enjoy the impact you create
- Have a say in how the business evolves and scales within a start-up environment
We work with world class partners to help us support businesses with finance