When is the grant being launched and who is delivering the scheme?
The Black Country Growth Hub and Wolverhampton Council have just launched a new SME grant scheme today, Tuesday 10th November at 9am. The scheme will be on a first come first served basis and will close when they reach the maximum number of applicants.
How much is the grant for?
The grants will be predominately, between £1,000 and £3,000, but a maximum of £5,000 is available ONLY in exceptional circumstances to help businesses adapt and recover following the coronavirus pandemic.
The money is a 100% government grant.
What can the grant be used for and how do I get paid?
Small and medium businesses can use the funding to pay for the following activities:
- Access to specialist professional advice (e.g. accountants, human resource, legal, financial, IT / digital, etc)
- Purchase of minor equipment to adapt or adopt new technology in order to continue to deliver business activity or diversify
The grants will be paid directly to the specialist or supplier providing goods/services.
Who is eligible to apply?
In order to be eligible to apply, the business must meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Fewer than 250 employees
- Annual Turnover of less than 50 million euros
- Balance Sheet less than 43 million euros
- Able to evidence at least 1 year trading history
- Business trading Address in the Black Country (Dudley, Sandwell, Walsall & Wolverhampton)
Please note: Priority will be given to applications from companies where the request will make a meaningful impact.
How do I apply?
Visit the Black Country Growth Hub website for more information.
If you’d like to speak to one of our advisors about how Swoop can help provide access to funding across grants, equity and loans, and discover and make savings, please book a call or register here. This way you can also keep up-to-date with more information on potential grant opportunities, as well as other funding and savings options which may be of interest.